From tech magazines to latest news around the tech world, drones are one of the hottest topics right now. From every corner of this world, everyone is fast falling in love with this new technology and wants to lay their hands on it. These small unmanned flying vehicles are very fun to fly as you can hover, go backward, side to side or even go straight up. Check out our list of the best indoor drones and quadcopters in our section below.
General Thoughts on Drones for Indoors
If getting into the RC hobby is something you have been thinking about, if you want to get the most out of it, you have to make a good deal of investment. Flying your drone indoors is a great extension of the hobby, just be safe! Drone technology is advancing at a very high rate; a new design is introduced in the market almost every other day and if you are shopping for one, it can become a challenge for you to find a drone that best suited to your needs.
Whether you are buying one for your own use or as present for your little boy or girl, make sure you go for a quality drone. Not only will a quality drone last for years, but also the amount of features you can net from it will make your investment worthwhile.
If today you are shopping for an indoor drone for recreational purpose, finding the right one can be quite easy. There are tons and tons of recreational drones available that can be utilized for personal use. The best part, such drones do not cost much and are surprisingly easy to operate.
In other cases, if you want to buy one purely for commercial purpose, unlike when you are looking for a recreational drone design, you need to do some extensive research to find the drone that is best for you. For example, if you are looking for the best indoor drones t be used for a particular job, you will have to find one that has the all the features and capabilities for carrying out the task.
5 Best Drones and Quadcopters For Indoor Cruising
If you are looking at buying the best indoor drone that is rated high and of great quality, with numerous choices flooding the market, singling out the best can be quite confusing. The whole process can be made even more difficult if you have never made a choice before.
To get you started, we have rounded up the best 5 indoor drones you could go for today.
1. Yu Xiang 668-A4 Mini Indoor Drone
As the names suggest, if you are currently shopping for a tiny indoor drone, Yu Xiang 668-A4 Mini Indoor Drone is exactly what you should be going for next. This drone is not only compact and lightweight in design, but it also of high quality and quite durable when it comes to performance.
Some of the best features it comes with include LED light making it possible to fly this thing at night, 360 degree eversion function for great flying play and a 2.4 GHz four-channel full function transmitter.
2. Cheerson CX-10C RTF Mini Drone w/ Camera
At just 62 x 62 x 20 mm and 15 grams, this is one of the smallest indoor drones you can find today. Although, this drone has been around for a while, the company recently upped its game and made some major upgrades. The Cheerson CX-10 now comes fully equipped with a camera making it one of the smallest drones to have one.
The Cheerson CX-19C is a 4-channel mini Quadcopter, which features six-axis flight control system coupled with adjustable gyro sensitivity. The 0.3 megapixel camera it comes with can record video ad takes pictures. It uses a 3.7 V 120mAh battery that can give you about 2.5 to 4 minutes flight time.
3. Inguity Max Speed Mini Indoor Stunt Drone
Ranked among some of the fastest and acrobatic drones available, Inguity Max Speed Mini Indoor Drone is worth every other consideration. It is durable and crash resistant, making it the perfect gadget for people who are getting started.
Its internal lights make it easy and fun to fly at night. The best part, its powerful motors is another thing; it is unlike no other. Overall, this is an extremely small, light and perfect indoor drone you can lay your hands on today.
4. WLtoys V272 Nano Quadcopter
Looking at this drone and all the features it comes fully equipped with, it is fascinating how the designers managed to bring every little good thing into this small device. WLtoys V272 is one of the smallest and powerful nano Quadcopter in the market today. Its super small design, lightweight and portable design makes its easy to fly and carry around.
Some of the features users can net from this nano Quadcopter include a six-axis system that allows it to be hand launched. Additionally, it can be controlled with a Full Scale Remote control and its strong interference resistance makes it suitable for both indoor and outdoor flying. Its flying time is around 5 minutes and with its USB cable, WLtoys V272 drone can be charged very easily.
5. Estes 4609 Syncro X Nano Indoor Quadcopter
For around $40, you could be a proud owner of this industry’s finest; The Estes 4609 Syncro X. It is an extremely small indoor Quadcopter that can fit easily in the palm of your hand. Despite is smaller size, this drone is extremely versatile and can roll forward and backward and from side to side.
It also comes with 2.4 GHz radio that gives you total control over it as you can command it the way you want. Additionally, its powerful 100 mAh 3.7 V Lipo battery can give you long extra flight time. Plus, with its USB charging, charging this drone is unbelievably easy and hassle free. You can plug it into your PC and you will be flying in no time.
Why You Should Invest in One of the Best Indoor Drones
There are numerous reasons why quadcopters and drones are fast becoming some of the most popular recreational gadgets anyone can invest in today. If you are still on the fence about this new kind of investment, here is why you need to buy the best indoor drone.
- Appealing to everyone. The best indoor drones appeal to all people and all ages; the amount fun they usually come with is not just for the boys , but girls and parents love it too. From as young as 7 years old right up to parents, obviously, everyone will enjoy the thrill of commanding the drone as he or she performs those very intricate stunts and maneuvers, as well.
- Built to last and easy to transport. As an attempt by designers to make their product the best, they way these flying vehicles are designed makes them worthwhile. From materials to the way everything has been put together, it is evident, they are built to last. They are compact and durable and users can fly them for years. It does not even stop there; they are very tiny, compact and extremely lightweight making them easy to transport. You easily can slide it into your small bag and no one will know what you are carrying.
- Wide range of choices. For an industry that has seen designers working round the clock and making sure their products stand out from the rest, there is a huge range of indoor Quadcopters available on the market that will cater to any budget. From those tiny entry level drones that can fit into the palm of your hands, to those incredibly advanced indoor Quadcopters, it is safe to say, there is perfect choice for everyone.
- Less expensive. Interestingly, despite all you can do with these indoor drones, they are relatively cheap. For around 20 dollars, you can find a fine drone that comes fully complete with all the features you want.
- Accessible to everyone. These awesome flying gadgets are not only accessible to everyone, but they are unbelievably easy to learn for everyone, as well. As a matter of fact, you do not need to posses any special skills or experience, but only patience and time to practice. However, while you can fly most of them right way, you will need to practice and fully understand your new Quadcopter in order to get the most out of it.
Top Things Shoppers Should Look for Before Buying an Indoor Quadcopter
With all the fun these devices come with and the things you can do with them, investing a few dollars on a quality design makes sense. However, with the sheer amount of choice and the huge range of prices, it can be vey difficult to know what to buy and how much money to spend. To get you started though, here we explain what you need to put under great consideration when you are shopping for these unmanned flying devices.
How much money are you willing to spend on your drone? This is important for it will determine what you will take home at the end of the day. At the entry level, those small drones start at just less than 20 dollars, but you won’t get great features like a camera unless you are willing to dig dipper into your pocket. The more money you are ready to spend on a drone, the better choice you will get. For example, if you increase your budget to up to 100 dollars, you should expect to get a live video directly on your Smartphone via a free app. Bottom line; you will get what you pay for.
Secondly, once you have a rough idea of how much money you are ready to spend on your drone, the design to go for comes in next. The design of your Quadcopter is an important consideration. For example, you would have to decide whether a drone design would be suitable or you will need one with more than 4 rotors. The size is important, as well. If you will be flying it indoors, going for the smallest size will make a lot of sense. It will make it quite easy for you to maneuver those small rooms in within your home.
Flight time and how long it takes to charge
Realistically, you can get between 5 and 15 minutes of flight time between charges. So when shopping for these flying devices, go for a Quadcopter model that comes with one of the longest flight times and one that can charged within a very short time. You might also want to find one that comes with a set of rechargeable AA battery, as you will need one or even two spares. Those live video screens can burn through a set of batteries in under an hour. It is because of this shoppers are always advised to go for a design that comes with extra battery life for those longer flights and high propeller speed.
Drone’s range and where to fly
While most drone designers always promise a range of over 100 meters, it is best to assume you will never get more than 50 meters. Many at times, where you will fly it will determine the kind of choice you will have to make. For example, in most countries and states, you must keep the unmanned aircraft in your line of sight at all times. Plus, if you know you are going to fly in your home, only the tiniest models can really be flown in small areas
Other extra features
Last but not least, once you are satisfied your choice comes with everything you will need; in addition, there are many other extra features that you be interested in. Some of them have been explained below.
- Some of the latest design comes fully equipped with wireless connectivity option like WIFI and Bluetooth for connecting devices like laptops, Smartphone or even tablets. This feature, alone, will give you greater control over the data you collect as you can easily transfers t to your computer.
- If you are an advanced user, obviously, you will want live streaming to see where your drone goes. You can stream video to your Smartphone or computer depending on what you want
- If your drone comes with Global Positioning System, it will be able to return to your home if lost. This feature allows you to track device and feed a route that it must follow. This is a very powerful feature that can tremendously improve the performance of your unmanned aerial vehicle.